Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tweedle Dee...

Tweedle Dumb?  Yup, that's me.  Or that's how I feel at the moment.  I'm either forgetting something or I'm losing my mind...sometimes I have conversations with Gramza and next thing you know he's asking me about something we talked about....and I have no recollection to what he's saying.  I completely forget.  Talk about not cool.  Work is a different story, I'm constantly writing EVERYTHING down...my morning lists, things I have to do, etc. etc. etc.  I really hope this is temporary but I hear it only gets worse.  Lord, help me.  =)

On another note, I'm starting to have fun with people.  Some co-workers ask me in the bathroom, hallway, pantry etc. if I'm pregnant.  I look them straight in the face and tell them..."no....why?"  For that split second, they look confused but I rescue them and tell them the truth.  I just ate too many hotdogs.  Again, I kid again.  We then go into stories about children and whether its a boy and a girl.  There's only so much I can say about a growing fetus in my belly.  "Yeah, I'm having a girl."  "I know, can't wait to dress her"  Followed by "girls are precious" yada yada yada

I actually ran into an old co-worker today waiting for the train, which I hadn't seen him since March.  We got to talking all the way back to NY.  He looked a bit concerned and gave the disclaimer "I know you're never supposed to ask but are you pregnant?"  I tell him the truth with the polite, "Yes, I am"  His response "Thank goodnes, congrats!  I was about to say I know you ran a lot and were thin but is that what happens when you stop"  No offense here, I just proceeded to tell him how I've been telling him how I sometimes say no when people ask me.  Again, he tells me, "nothing has changed I see, still giving people a hard time (or in lamens terms, you're such a jackass)".  But after all small talk, he kindly told me that I look really happy and pregnancy is doing me good.  Such a nice way to end the day =).

Well tomorrow is my 20 week sonogram and I'll probably update this thing again.  We can't wait to see her again.  Oh I forgot to mention, baby girl is starting to move! I started feeling her about a week or two ago and at first I thought it was gas, but later figured out nope, it's the baby.  She's probably doing tumbles and dancing in there,like the cha cha or something.  I just can't wait until Gramza can start feeling what I'm feeling...probably not for awhile.

My parents are in town this weekend.  Proud grandparents to watch Polina's dance recital.  Speaking of nieces, I told Polina that she has to show baby girl the ropes around this town...and what does she ask me, "Tita Leez, can she dance?"  I tell her, "no, not yet, but will you teach her?"  But Polina tells me, "but Tita Leez, she doesn't know how to dance."  Girl has high standards.  But Polina's told me the baby has to be this big before she comes out.  Which babygirl is in fact true.

I had a point, oh yes, my parents and Gramza's parents were supposed to meet this weekend...unfortunately, we had to cancel due to unexpected circumstances and Gramza's parents couldn't drive up...next time.

I'll continue later with more updates...we're getting ready for a thing and I'll expand on that tomorrow or so.  Gramza is coming into town tonight and staying all the way until after July 4th.  So great,  he's going to be showing me his old town next weekend. 

Toodle loo...

1 comment: