Thursday, June 9, 2011

Around the world in 80 days...

Well...in my head at least.

We're just about 19 weeks and things are coming along.  We have an apartment and it's just perfect and in Jersey.  The great thing is though, the NY skyline is in our view and the statue of liberty to gently remind us of the freedom we once had =P  All kidding aside, it's a fabulous place.  A park right next door, on the water, two bedroom and two bath, gym, balcony, and I think what sold me was the washer/dryer INSIDE the unit.  I couldn't believe that those existed on this side of the world.  The neighborhood is cute and it's near work, the potential daycare and near the trains to Gramza's work.  That's something to check off the list =)

The baby registry has been created...we're looking into Amazon.com and Target.  Fun!  I just have to get things situated and plan with my mom's schedule...so we're thinking about a Houston baby shower in August since I won't be able to fly after...

Another great thing is that I was going to be taking 3 months off but now it turns out I'll be taking 4 months off.  It's kind of weird to me because the last time I had that much time off was when I graduated college.  It's just because I have to use up my 2011 PTO by then.  Yup, that much vacation and I'm very grateful. 

I'll admit.  I'm human and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.  There's a lot going on between now and when the baby comes.  Gramza and I have our weekends and plans we have to have things by until August..and to be honest it does get exhausting and sometimes I do get emotional.  But I have a moment and move forward because these things have to be done.  I've always thought of myself as a good multi-tasker...with work.  But to juggle things is a different story but it's getting handled.  I remember during college, I didn't work.  It was only until my schedule cleared up was when I got a job.  The sound of that sounds so easy right now.  I'm just trying to juggle all the balls and hopefully not drop one...we're trying to find a home and create a nice environment for baby girl Gramza, plan our future together, work and meet our deadlines, car, moving dates, baby showers, doctor's appts, etc. etc...all in a matter of months.  No pity here, just a small 2 minute vent session.  My career is to work on projects and meet deadlines and ensure everything goes as scheduled...I lived my life sorta the same way but lightened up a lot within the last year and "just went with it"...talk about an accelerated life project.  But the greatest thing is the support we do have from those we love and love us back. 

Life is life...and this is what makes it worth while.  A wonderful 2011,  new babies are coming into the scene!!

2 comments:

  1. everything will work out leez! :) can't wait to meet your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it..don't worry as you will manage it all fine! I made sure to try to do all the busy stuff as early as possible so I would be able to rest the last month. It pays off as I get tired easily now! Post pictures of your new pad!

    ReplyDelete