Even though I was born and raised here in Houston, a lot has changed in the 7.5-8 years I was away. It’s fun researching the different areas to go and see. Also, the places we see on TV are making its way on our list, not to mention, co-workers also have been telling me areas to check out. Mostly outside of Houston, usually for a weekend roadtrip.
Anyway, this past Sunday my co-worker was getting married and invited Tom and I to attend. I’ve never been to the Downtown Aquarium. It was a very nice venue and didn’t even know they had a ballroom area. She had about 60 guests and I told Tom that if ever had a bigger wedding this would have been the perfect place. The food was good. The scenery was nice with a balcony wrapping around the room overlooking the skyline of Houston. It even gave me the idea to take Ania there because they have a water pad and other stuff I didn’t see too much of. It was nice to get dressed up and have alone time. Since it was Sunday, we made it an early night and was still able to relax at home and sleep through the night.
Ania stayed with her Laking and Baying. My sister went to go see her and sent me photos of her playing with an oversized porky pig. So funny! I know she has fun with my parents because it’s like clockwork. They take her to the mall to play on the playground and then have lunch at chick-fil-a. My mom says she really enjoys it and shows me photos of her climbing all the play area things. Ania is still learning how to jump, she not quite there yet…
On another note…we live in an area where the school district is questionable so we’ve started to research private and charter schools. Well Tom and I are very anal about this, and could be because experience in Jersey because I had to put our name on a waiting list to get into the daycare we wanted when I was about 6/7 months pregnant with Ania. So initially, it doesn’t sound ridiculous to us to look now, even though Ania has about 4 more years. LOL, I know sounds crazy, but that’s us and what we’re thinking about. Anyway, the way our district works is that there are schools out participate in enrolling out of boundary students (upon availability) by submitting an application and so forth. Well, we called one school and they pretty much laughed in our face telling us it was a little too early to start the process. Then, we called another that didn’t think we were crazy at all because they told us it’s never too late and that the waiting list is LONG. So Tom is going to tour the school and begin the application process. I told him as long as he’s there to get two applications and let them know the other is still in the womb. Lol Name- TBD, Age = -3 months…lol I’m sure that this will be acceptable…
Anywho, photos of the wedding and Ania with her new friend…
No comments:
Post a Comment