Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Big girl bed training

We are on day 4 of big girl bed training and it's definitely getting better. Patience is definitely needed and holding your ground is another. So here's a run down:

Friday, day 1- the first night of the transition. It took about 2 hours of walking her back to her bedroom before she fell asleep but then woke up again 2 hrs later. And again with waking Ania back. Then waking up again 3 hrs later to be wide awake and ready to start the day at 5am. Tom and I had a long week at work and all we wanted to do was rest and watch tv. Well, by the time Ania was down, all we wanted to do was sleep.  Overall, it was a good first night

Here's Ania asleep at 7:30. Yeah, I woke up before her



Saturday, Day 2- Ania took a nap fine in her bed but I cheated because she fell asleep in the car and I carried her to the room to lay her down. Hey as long as she was in the bed. She woke up happy and I know she loves her freedom and now she's out of her crib. Night time was different. It took about 1.5 hours this one of walking her back to her bedroom. She would wander around an sometimes I just wanted to laugh but couldn't.  The first time she walked out of her room she planted her face in front of the glass door so her face was smushed. The second time, I knew she walked out because I heard a noise to find her playing with the ac filter vent. The third time, she walked into Tom and my room. How do I know?  She wasn't in the monitor and I had to look for her. Then a couple times later, I sat in her room until she fell asleep, which again she woke up at 1am again and 5:30am but this time she went back to sleep and woke up at 7:30am to start the day. Not bad!!



Sunday, Day 3- Ania refused to nap in her bed and just refused the nap altogether until 4:30pm. I told her no sleeping until bedtime but as soon as she sat of the sofa she was bobbing her head and fell asleep on the sofa. I woke her 45 mins later because I didn't want her sleeping later than her bedtime. Come bedtime, it took her an hour to fall asleep. She woke up twice that night again...such a happy Monday!!  

Monday, Day 4 -  so much more progress, where it took 40 mins and Ania woke up at 3am and 5:30am. 

Tuesday, day 5- Ania went down in 30 minutes and counting :) 

Here's my happy Ania



No comments:

Post a Comment