Monday, February 10, 2014

A Day in the Life

I had friends that captured one day with the kiddos and thought that was a great idea.  I wanted to capture my day today.  It felt pretty non stop, but none the less that’s what makes it fun!

5am – Ania starts crying.  In order for us to get another hour of sleep, Tom gets her from her room and sleeps in our bed.  She falls asleep instantly.

6:15am – the alarm goes off.  Cameron didn’t wake up at all tonight (nice!).  Tom and Ania are spooning and asleep.  I try and wake up. 

6:20am – Ania wakes up looking for her blankie, then proceeds to have fun in our bed.  She gives me morning kisses, gives daddy morning kisses, then asks if baby is awake.  We tell her she’s sleeping still.  I get up, Ania puts her blankie in her room and Tom goes to make coffee.  Baby still asleep.

6:30am – 7:10am – I’m working from home because my parents and in-laws are unable to watch Cameron.  Also, Tom hasn’t been in the office since Tuesday because of work travel.  I login to work to send the WFH email.  Ania hops in my lap.  I tell her to not touch anything and she listens.  Still in pjs and need to get her ready for school.  Tom is getting ready in the other room and I’m sending emails before an 8:30 call I’m chairing.  Baby is still asleep (wow!).  Tom tries and gets Ania ready and continues to cry and yell ‘No!!!!!’ followed by ‘No school, Mommy’.  Done with emails, walk into Ania’s room to change her diaper and put her school clothes on.  Diaper changed.  School clothes fail.  Tom goes back in and tries…and fails again.  He leaves and I walk back in.  School clothes on!!  Finally!  Except her socks, which she insists “Ania do it”.

7:10 – 7:20am – Ania and I walk to the bathroom to wipe her face and brush her teeth.  Mommy brushes her teeth but now Ania wants to brush.  Ania brushes teeth while I wipe her face.  Ania still brushing her teeth so I put her hair up.  Ania is finally done and I try to put her socks on.  Fail.  She starts screaming ‘No, Ania do it.’  So, we walk out to Tom and get ready to go.  Tom is dropping Ania off.  We sit her on the counter, followed by rushing to put her socks and shoes on.  Ania refuses jacket so Tom holds the jacket and carries her to the door.  Ania is screaming ‘Mommy’ so I carry her and give her kisses reassuring her that we’ll play when she gets home.  Tom and Ania leave with Ania calling my name.  Heart broken.  Baby still asleep!

7:30 -7:45am – Baby still asleep.  Check email and make my cup of coffee then decide I better make my breakfast too.  So make an egg with a little ground beef and grape tomatoes.  Thinking of plan to keep baby quiet while I’m on my conference call.  Make baby a 5oz bottle.


7:50am – I hear Cameron waking up.  No crying just goo goos and ga ga’s.  I walk in and say good morning with a response of a smile.  Love her.  She slept from 8:30 to 8am…but not getting my hopes up.  This could be a fluke.  Anyway, I feed Cameron her bottle and downs the 5oz.

8:10am – Walk around with Cameron and trying to get her to burp.  Success.  Now see if she’ll make a poop because trying to refrain from a crying baby in the background. 

8:25am – No luck for Cameron to poop but I put on the bjorn and in Cameron goes.  I walk around a bit.  I wrote my notes on a notepad and open up the line.  I’m walking around, headphones on and notepad in hand.  Continue to walk to bathroom and let Cameron look at herself.

8:30 – 9:00am – Conference Call.  Success.  Cameron was good and quiet.

9:00am – Cameron starting to fuss.  She wants to take her morning nap.  I need to update my boss on the updates from the 8:30am meeting. 

9:20am – Cameron finally falls asleep in my arms and I sit in rocking chair with her in my arms and laptop in my lap.  I write an email to my boss giving him updates and send.  Phew.  Then IM him, letting him know I sent and if he wants to chat since Cameron is sleeping.  He’s fine with the updates.  Thank goodness.  I call my mom quickly and find out she’s off!!!  I thought she switched her schedule this week because next week is a mess.  Nope, she’s off so she’s going to swing by and help!

9:30am – Put Cameron in her crib.

9:50am – Cameron wakes up and I have a 10am conference call.  She’s not liking the bjorn so I carry her around until I have to dial in.  Thankfully, it’s a 15 min call.

10:00am – I put Cameron in her bumbo and she’s ok.  I put a mirror in front of her while I dial in. 

10:00-10:15am – Cameron good again.  I gave my updates and boss asks me to stay on the line.

10:20am – Cameron starts to fuss so I pick her up and change her diaper while I’m talking to my boss.  Call done!

10:25am – Cameron calm again so put her on the playmat and put Barney on the tv.

10:30am – need to dial in to another conference call.

10:30 – 11:00am – thankfully on mute.  Cameron starts to fuss so I pick her up and walk around.  Thank goodness I was listening because I was sneak attacked and asked a question.  Call done!  Mom walks in door around 10:45am and takes Cameron from me.

11:00am – I make Cameron a bottle and mom feeds her.

11:30 – 12:30pm – ‘Lunch Break’ Exercise to the Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred, then eat.  Mom is taking care of Cameron so I decide to quickly make the filling a stuff pork chops for tomorrow’s dinner.  Tom’s parents are over and we’re celebrating their birthday’s so I’m cooking now.

12:30pm – I start making a packing list.  Ugh so much stuff for two kids.  Order rainboots / jacket for Ania.  Cameron falls back asleep and mom puts her down.  Mom eats lunch.

1:00pm – Cameron wakes up and mom hangs out with her.  I work a bit and start thinking I should cook since I need to run later.

2:30 – 3:00pm – Cameron fussy because she needs to poop.  She finally does.  Mom helps and give Cameron a bath.  I chop veggies and throw them in the oven.  Check email. 

3:00pm – I move computer to kitchen and decide to cook pork chops.  My coworker IMs me for help on something.  Good thing, it’s just a heads up on something.  Continue to cook with headphones on in case he calls.

3:30pm – Cameron all clean and sleeping.  Mom watching tv.  I answered a few more emails and feeling like my heart has been pumping since I woke up. 

4:00pm – Mom heads out to beat traffic.

4:30pm – Tom comes home with Ania and I get ready to go to the gym for a run.

4:50pm – Arrive at gym and run 5 miles.  Took me an hour. Stretch and go home.

6:25pm- Arrive home.  Ania is in the middle of dinner and asks for grapes.  I get her grapes and take a quick shower.  Cameron falls asleep.

7:00pm – Bath time for Ania.

7:20 – 7:45pm – Ania watches Little Einstein and Cameron wakes up.  Ania has a snack during her show.  Tonight was white chedder rice cakes.

There is my day in a nutshell today.

No comments:

Post a Comment