Sunday, October 9, 2011

Unselfish Beginnings...

So, we're now at 36 weeks and things are starting to set in that this is the last month.  I feel like we're almost set.  I have a list of the things that we need to get before the 'baybee' arrives, so hopefully we'll have everything crossed off within the next week or so...

For the last month, I feel like I was so busy with everything...especially work but finally this past Friday things started to calm down.  As my boss told me "You're preparing for another project that's going live in about a month"...it's nerdy lingo but I get it. 

There's one thing I'm a little torn about -- for a good two weeks, I've been working past 7pm and on my walk home I would call my mom just talking about things I'm kinda worried about when she enters this world...she definitely gives great advice, but the one thing I told her that's hard is that even though I'm walking out of the door when the sun is down, I actually, genuinely really like and enjoy my job.  I get it, it's all about balance and I know that everything will fall into place once things settle down, however...it still crosses my mind what am I going to do.  It's only something minor =)  My work baby shower or tea as we're calling it is on Tuesday.  I don't know any details but all I know it's during an afternoon tea.  My plan is to bring the camera to capture those moments of the great people I work with.

Moving along -- I have been a little panic-y about this whole birthing process.  I'm just not too sure how this girl is going to come out of me.  As I told Gramza, I'm just not going to give birth...hehehe  I'm finally feeling some effects on my body.  I feel heavier, I now have to roll off the couch and sleep with six pillows.  That's right six, while Gramza has one.  Getting a little more graphic, my pelvic bone hurts like a mother at times and Gramza was been named my designated back and leg massager.  Thankfully, I can still tie my own shoes but I've heavily relied on slip ons =)  I drink about 2 liters of water a day and about 3 glasses of milk and I go to the bathroom about 100 times a day.  The worst is when I've woken up with a bad leg cramp and I'm grabbing Gramza for dear life and he doesn't flitch.  Awesome.  It's such a painful feeling, I never even had these bad boys when I was running long distances...

Honestly, after all the things going on now, I'm not going to say it's the best experience ever.  I'm counting down the moments I get my body back!!  Yes, I'm saying it because as much as I feel blessed having this baby growing in me and just watching my stomach jolt because of her hiccups...it definitely is a self esteem stigma when I walk into the stores I use to go into and nothing fits and I just look.  I went to Marshalls and TJ Maxx the other week to buy sweats...but Stylish sweats...hahah

So other things we've already scheduled is the daycare tour and the pediatricians office....we're talking 10/17 off to see everything so we can't wait to corss those off the list.  We've also been blessed to have my sister drop off about a million boxes for the baby.  Being a little sarcastic...it's so much stuff and we have to give her some back as she's trying to trick us into giving us boy clothes...

Ok...until next update...
Talk about time flying and we're counting down the days until our life changes =)  Here are some photos...not the greatest but still capturing some moments...

This is where the baby is going to sleep...just need to put the sheets on.

The versatile baby bag I got on eBay.  I'm looking to only carry one bag =)
36 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment