Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Ticking Time Bomb...

Hello 37.5 weeks...honestly I'm starting to lose count.  I literally just asked Gramza but I'll get the final answer tomorrow when I go see Dr. Rachel tomorrow afternoon.

So we're just counting down now and we're starting to put our bets in.  We FINALLY finished washing all the baby stuff, unpacked all the boxes, put together the swing and stroller, the crib has bedding and now all we have to do is bring this little girl home.  We already pre-registered at the hospital.  Yesterday, we visited two pediatricians and a possible daycare...

Let me tell you about this daycare. It's affiliated with a Catholic church and the director and teachers are filippino.  Everyone was very nice and I even left calling the director 'tita' instead of Ms. and throughout the whole tour she called me 'Anak'.  Well watching the teachers in the infant room reminded me of the Lola's (filippino for Grandma) that take care of baby's.  Well, I have a feeling our little girl will get special treatment =)  Well we still need to fill out the paperwork and we're looking into enrolling her at the beginning of January. 

I'm not going to lie...I'm a bit freaked out but at the same time I'm a little calm.  It's kind of weird that in a few weeks there's someone in this world that's going to be looking to me as 'mom'.  It's kind of surreal because I've been about me for so long and Gramza is a big advocate that I still think of me from time to time.  It's crazy to think about but I'm already thinking about my first race I want to run and Gramza is cheering me on to just pick a race.  Awesome. 

Well it's getting late so off to bed ---

One of the last nights' out together -- awesome dinner at Fig and Olive for my cousin's 40th birthday this past Saturday


And one of the last (probably last) comparison's of Gramza and me...



And one just for fun-- we were strolling in Liberty park and wanted my first photo with her in front of the city I lived in for 6 years...

P.S. I guess I have a thing for purple...or those are the only things that fit me and I refuse to buy anything new =)

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic with the city behind ya. Baby girl is a NY gal already! Thinking of you at the home stretch! That is awesome that you will have Titas and Lolas watching your daughter. She will get the TLC during the day while mommy is at work! Yup...having a kid brings the "all about me mentality to all about baby"! Also, if you sign up for a race post baby, my piece of advice...kegal exercises...and lots of them...lol I'll explain later:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, you're going to have to let me into the kegal diaries. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear. I did not want to embark on this kegal discussion and strangely enough, I know about it. I took my sister to my trainer with me soon after Brandon was born.

    MOVING right along! How'd you find this daycare? Sounds like what baby girl needs - that warm Filipino lovin' when Mom is working and Lola is in Texas!

    Thinking of you, Baby & Mr. Gramza! xoxo

    ReplyDelete