This was the first year we walked with Stephanie's angels. It was the 9th the team has walked in memory of Stephanie. Great race! Great family time. We walked with my mom who is a survivor. It's been 8 years since her diagnosis and remission. She's been lucky to have caught it early amd labeled stage 0 where my mom went through radiation and had surgery to remove the affected area. She had a great time and enjoyed herself.
You remeber things when they first occur then soon forget when it gets better. I remember where I was when my mom called and told me the news. I qas walking to the subway on my way to work. I would call and say hi to my mom but that call she said she was fine and said they found something and it was going to be ok. My heart sank. You can't help think the worse and some situations it can be. In my case, I'm one of the blessed ones. I hate the disease. There will be a cure one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment