Monday, June 23, 2014

War Zone

I've been initiated to the household with 2+ kids getting sick, 3 if you count Tom ;).  It'll all started with Cameron, our germ ball, who came home from school not feeling well.  In my last post we thought she was teething, but no it was foot, hand and mouth virus.  We found out because Tom caught it and is still recovering.  His spots on his hands are going away...

Then we thought Ania was coming down with it Saturday night because she was complaining her tummy hurt.  Well, she was up 1am that morning going through MANY MANY pull ups.  Poor baby.  We called our doc hotline and started giving her half Gatorade / half water (which we're told is equivalent to pedialyte).  Thankfully, we have after hours so we also made an appointment that Sunday.  I had to call my mom to get Cameron so I could disinfect the house and prevent more sickness, which awesome benefit for living in the same city.  Cameron went to hangout with her friends and Ania spent the whole day watching Mary Poppins, sleeping and more Mary Poppins.  The doc diagnosed her with a stomach virus, which then clicked she got it from swimming at school.  Lesson learned because without fail, she gets sick 99% of the time this happens and I'm the not so smart mom that thinks oh, it's a coincidence and it should be fun.  So, she's not swimming at school anymore. 

I'm working from home, Tom extended another week to start his job and Ania is now on the BRAT diet to stop the madness!

PS - This sounds odd for me to say, but it's true.  This is probably the most 'wife housework' duties I've done, ever!  Besides when I lived alone.  Being that Tom and I both work, house duties are pretty much split 50/50 otherwise, we would go mad!  Or I would go mad!  With Tom tending to Ania (because she has daddy's girl syndrome) and not feeling well at the same time, both babies were on the sofa resting.  Disinfecting takes a lot!!  wiping door knobs, washing everything from clothes, bed sheets, towels, pillows, you name it, it was washed, wiping down the sofa, cleaning the gross stains on the rug, washing hands CONSTANTLY, putting away dishes, loading dishwater, cooking, washing toys, wiping toys, yada, yada, yada.  it was exhausting!!!  and yes, I'm complaining! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment