Friday, May 9, 2014

Cruise control

Pre kids and when I started my career I worked above and beyond to climb that corporate ladder.  I felt like I was climbing at a good rate to where I thought and felt I should be, then I got pregnant.  I still worked as hard as I could working pretty much until I gave birth.  I went back to work in jersey full force but after having a kid I started to understand having a personal life because I was so used to working 12+ hours a day. 

Well we ended up moving back home and worked as much to get to where "I wanted" to be. I was working but not much hours then we got pregnant again. Worked just as much and came back sooner then Ania. 

I got my promotion and thought I'm where im supposed to be.  I decided that it's ok to be on cruise control and to stay on a ladder for a bit.  It'll allow me to watch my kids grow and be there and not miss anything.   It's not a bad thing but sometimes I get that itch to determine what I could do to keep climbing but I remind myself that its okay. 

So I'll just drink wine and carry on

No comments:

Post a Comment