Thursday, November 7, 2013

The newborn baby complex

Its been two weeks since we brought Talia home and we've quickly adaptes to our new life.

Ania is taking it with strides. For the most part she's pretty independent with doing things (e.g. playing, eating, drinking, etc).  She refers to the new family member as "baby" and acknowledges baby whenever she makes a sound. "Baby crying", "baby milk", "baby diaper".  There are things we have to do to both kids. If I'm giving Talia milk, ania wants milk. I put aquaphor on Talia, ania wanted aquaphor. One thing though we're also dealing with are the "two personalities"  aka tantrums. We let ania cry them out and it takes a whole lot of patience when lack of sleep is a factor.
Mommy and Daddy. My older post we divde and conquer when both kids wake up at the same time. Since I'm on maternity leave and tom's working, I have Talia duty during the night shift. My side of the bed is currently covered in a towel where spit up was and I'm sleeping over a spot Talia peed on while I was changing her.  Tom and my salvation is showering!  That 10 mins of alone time is like winning a million bucks. We've talked about it before but lately our highlight is when we relieve each other to take shower. And bedtime. We put the girls to bed at 8pm and one would think we go back to the living room. Nope. We sit on our bed and breathe. Tom gets us a beer and we just sit on our bed in quiet.  Then hopefully in bed by 930. How times have changed so quickly. Before I went out on maternity leave, my guy coworker who's older was telling me about his kids (who are now in college).  He told me about his experience on transitioning from one to two kids. His exact words "all I remember is that I lusted for sleep"  im starting to somewhat relate but most nights we have good kids. I hope Talia sleeps like her dad, which tom can sleep all day if he could. There's been times I've let him sleep in and I have to wake him up at 11. Something I've havent been able to do in a long time.

Talia. She doesn't like to be rocked,  so far.  She makes sounds during her sleep and sounds like a purring cat or any cat in general. She makes the pushing sound when she lets one rip and she doesn't really burp after I feed her. She either farts or poops...she still sleeps most of the day about 3-4 hr stretches at a time. And she hates being swaddled.

Heres to the beginning of my family of four.

No comments:

Post a Comment