I'm wondering if this is what I have to look forward to during teenage years times two, since there will be Ania and her sister.
This evening was major teamwork. Tom held Ania while I gave her a bath. That was the fastest bath ever. Not to mention she had to sit on my lap tonight to eat dinner because she's refusing to eat in her high chair. Meanwhile, Ania sat on her dads lap while I put lotion on her and tried finding toys to amuse her while we put her diaper on. The winner? A yellow stress reliever key chain. She refused clothes and didnt want to get up so we left her in her room. She didnt cry. Ania just laid there playing with the keychain while Tom and I were in the living room. I checked on her and asked if she wanted to join us and her response, "no". So we let her be. We did that about every 3 mins. I guess she just wanted some "me" time.
Finally, she joined us in the living room to watch her show and have milk ending the night with a short story and bedtime.
Hopefully, this is a phase and not a glimpse of the terrible twos or teenage years. We're learning quickly it's about picking battles with a 20 month old. If Ania wants to wear a swim float around the house. Ok. Other times she's a great kid but definitely testing her mom and dad.
Ania going to church
And Ania relaxing with her feet up
Ania trying to put on her bathing suit







No comments:
Post a Comment