Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Re-elected

So, I was hopeful that Governor Romney was going to win but unfortunately Obama won. Everyone has their reasons on voting and my reason was for the economy and I felt like the running mate is more qualified. I spent a lot of time learning to form my opinion but fact is I need to plan for my future for my family.

I never knew what a venture capitalist is. I do now. I invest and save my money but knowing that there's clauses in Obamacare that taxes 25% on capital gains, including on the sell of your home and investments, I'm probably going to rethink that strategy. That's me. I never was political until I I got "older" I guess. Just some of my opinions.

I remember watching coverage after one of the debates and an undecided voter said "the decision is either to vote for the businessman or the people person". The people person won. I know we'll be fine but what's unsettling is the way the news coverage reports news or lack thereof.

What's interesting is I asked my friend who she's voting for and she told me Obama. She's a working girl. I also asked her why because it made me curious. Her response, mainly due to women's rights and pro choice. I respect that but it definitely made me see the difference on why I vote for someone vs the latter. Interesting.

Always up for learning challenges. So for my Ania, I want her to learn as much as you can, see and understand both sides, respect opinions and don't go with the crowd 'just because'. I get so wrapped in these things sometimes to a fault. I need time away from news...but we're moving forward.

And today, the day after daddy's bday and at 12 months and 1 week, the incumbent President of the United States was re-elected

Some news: hurricane sandy wiped out north east states including NY. You Tita pols lost power and all your aunts and uncles. But everyone is ok.

We love you very much!

1 comment:

  1. yup, I'm in mourning too. Really bummed that Obama got re-elected. I admit, I was part of the "hope and change" movement living in Chicago during the 2008 election, but now that I'm older and really seeing the issues unfold I voted Romney. Let's just hope things get better for our children's sake!

    ReplyDelete