Sunday, August 19, 2012

Happy

Baby girl is starting to really grow up and I can't believe my eyes! She's really embracing table food but she's still not holding her bottle on her own. She still wants nothing to do with it!

Before I went out of town, I spent the night before making her food since she refuses my other food. So on the menu, Mac and cheese and turkey meatballs. It's definitely more challenging than before because I would just need to pick a veggie and fruit rather than incorporate grains, veggies and protein now. I used Ditalini pasta and added chicken, broccoli and corn to the Mac and cheese. SHe absolutely loved it and I think she's happy mommy got the hint. For the turkey meatballs I just used ground turkey and puréed sweet potatoes that were left over. That's it and just baked. That way I would serve it with rice and frozen veggies. That's a hit too! It's a little hard when we're like "oh let's just get whataburger" but then I'm like wait baby girl can't eat that. So it does give us incentive that we have to eat better as well.

This past weekend baby girl spent the whole weekend with her grandma and grandpa (toms parents). They had a blast as usual and shes really getting to know both sides which I love. I love that grandma and grandpa love coming to visit us in Texas and that we can start creating memories in Syracuse during Christmas. I may just be the best of both worlds.

Well here's a funny story I forget to mention. When I got home from my work trip, I was holding baby girl and she put her thumb to her cheek and started waving. Tom and I were like oh look at her she's making a funny face, she must of learned that from school. So the next day, I drove her to school and spoke with her teacher and asked where she learned funny faces. I repeated what baby girl did the night before. Her teacher then tells me "oh that's sign language for happy". Call me dumbo! I'm here saying she's making funny faces when she's learning to communicate. Baby girl must be like my parents are STU-PID! Lol well I said I'm going to buy her a book and keep it up but no book yet...so now my mom keeps saying happy in sign language to baby girl to see if she'll keep doing it.

Baby girl is crawling faster, pulling herself up to standing position, more table foods, already 17lbs 12oz, 27inches long and about in the 50th percentile.

No comments:

Post a Comment