Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Best Thing in the WORLD...

Is getting photos of my baby girl virtually.  My parents don't have wireless (and in the process) and no face time is a choice, so I get morning and evening photos of my baby girl...

She turns 9 months today and already she is such a big girl!!  I get to go home tomorrow and hopefully I'm early enough to put her to bed.....

Parenting to me is definitely a team sport!  I firmly agree on that and how I look at my mama as a hard worker that did everything to give us everything, I hope that baby girl sees that in me. 

I've gotten to know my co-workers a little bit and one of the project managers is 'waiting' to have kids until after the project we're working on is over.  I say when it happens, it happens.  I can hold truth to that!  and for the better life does work itself out.  Having children does give women the question, stay at home vs. working mom.  To each her own, but from my own perspective, it give me the questioning of 'can I work this late?' option...in most cases it's no, but hopefully I've found my happy medium.  The message around the company is "as long as you get your work done"...works for me and the industry I'm in, it's sometimes not forgiving.  I've noticed 'globally' the work culture is similar.  Who would of thought there would be a room of New Yorkers, Louisvillians, British and Houstonians in the same room?  I often reminisce with the New Yorkers, New Yorkers have the ego that they're better than everyone else, Louisvillians are laid back as a sunbather, and British throw around the occasional "bloke" and "cheecky" phrase.  All in good fun, but who knew this area could bring us together.  If only they knew what my daughter looked like!  heheheh jk Tonight is my last night and finally I'm back in Houston!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment