I've been very dedicated to breast feed Ania since we brought her home from the hospital and my milk production hasn't been to bad. I've been able to pump about 5oz each day and freeze the goods but last night I fed Ania and she just would not go to sleep, she kept reaching and I would give but then after she fell asleep and I'd take her off the boob, she'd start crying and reaching...so the cycle would repeat...well I haven't been feeling as 'engorged' so I haven't pumped and I just wanted to sleep...so I gave in...I reached for the ready made formula, gave her an ounce...and BAM sound asleep for four hours.
Since we left the hospital, the peditrician told us not to feel bad if we had to supplement and at first there were no if, and's or but's...but honestly it was quite a relief that it calmed her down and we were able to sleep for a bit...
Motherhood itself is no joke! I've had people ask me every now and then 'how's the adjustment?' I do think it's a crazy adjustment and I'm giving Ania pep talks while I'm feeding her at 2am asking her to have sweet dreams and let her mommy and daddy get rest so we can take care of her...but newborns have it their way, which is totally OK. Gramza and I have been trying to things out to see if she'll sleep longer in the night...we've experimented with the following but to our luck, it's the same outcome:
1) 30-40 min feeding, followed by Daddy's diaper changing skills
2) Diaper change, then feeding (the whaling on this girls cry got Gramza to buy ear plugs so he can overcome and be able to change)
3) 15 min feeding, diaper change, 15 min feeding - this one has been the most calming one so far...
Here's to hoping for some sleep...
No comments:
Post a Comment